Gluten Free Cereals for a Gluten Free Breakfast
Below are lists of gluten free cereals available from both mainstream grocery stores and brands, and those specifically made for the gluten free diet.
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Cinnamon Chex
- Chocolate Chex
- Strawberry Chex
- Honey Nut Chex
Kellogg's SEE NOTE
- Rice Krispies*--make sure box says Gluten Free, there are 2 versions. NOTE: Kelloggs is discontinuing their gluten free version of Rice Krispies!
Post has two gluten free varieties.
- Post Fruity Pebbles
- Post Cocoa Pebbles
In addition to these mainstream varieties, there are also some brands made specifically for the gluten free diet. These can be found at Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Sprout's and some health food stores. Some grocery stores with gluten free sections will also carry some of them.
Be sure to read the ingredients if you have other food intolerances. Gluten free oats are used in all oat products listed here as gluten free.
Also Bars and Waffles:
- Organic Whole O's (corn and rice cereal)
- Fruit Juice Sweetened Corn Flakes (box or bag)
- Crispy Rice Cereal
- Honey'd Corn Flakes (box or bag)
- Mesa Sunrise Flakes (Corn, Flax and Amaranth)(box or bag)
- EnviroKids Organic Gorilla Munch (Corn spheres like Kix)
- Envirokids Organic Koala Crisp (chocolate flavored brown rice puffs)
- Envirokids Organic Leapin Lemurs (Peanut flavored spheres and Chocolate Spheres made of corn)
- Envirokids Organic Amazon Frosted Flakes (corn flakes)
- Envirokids Organic Panda Puffs (Peanut flavored Corn Puffs)
Perky's 100 % Natural Cereal
- Organic Buckwheat Wildberry Frozen Waffles
- Organic Homestyle Frozen Waffles
- Organic Mesa Sunrise Frozen Waffles
- Vanilla Animal Cookies (brown rice and corn)
- Envirokids Organic Crispy Rice Bars
- Envirokids Organic Koala Chocolate Crispy Rice Bars
- Envirokids Organic Cheetah Berry Crispy Rice Bars
- Envirokids Organic Fruity Burst Crispy Rice Bars
- Envirokids Organic Lemur Peanut Choco Drizzle Crispy Rice Bars
- Perky O's Original
- Perky O's Apple Cinnamon
- Perky O's Frosted O's
- Perky's Nutty Flax--name changed to Crunchy Flax
- Perky's Nutty Rice--name changed to Crunchy Rice
Enjoy Life Brand
Bakery On Main
- Cinnamon Crunch Granola
- Very Berry Granola
- Apple Cinnamon Cereal
- Honey Nut Cereal
- Apple Raisin Walnut Granola
- Nutty Cranberry Maple Granola
- Extreme Fruit and Nut Granola
- Cranberry Orange Cashew Granola
- Rainforest Granola
New Morning Brand
Kay's Naturals Better Balance
- Crispy Brown Rice Cereal with Berries
- Aztec Crunchy Corn and Amaranth Cereal
- Rice Twice
- Crispy Brown Rice
- French Vanilla Cereal
- Honey Almond Cereal
Cream Hill Estates
- Puffed Amaranth
- Amaranth Berry Delicious
Gluten Freeda (certified gluten free oats)
- Lara's Rolled Oats(not cross contaminated)
Bob's Red Mill
- Apple Cinnamon w/Flax Instant Oatmeal
- Banana Maple w/Flax Instant Oatmeal
- Maple Raisin w/Flax Instant Oatmeal
- Variety Pack Instant Oatmeal
- Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal
- Brown Rice Farina Creamy Rice Cereal
There may be some store brands in addition to these that are not
listed. Other store brands may be available on their own lists.
I recommend the Bob's Red Mill rice farina, I use it myself. I've also enjoyed many of the Nature's Path gluten free cereals.
Please note that it is recommended to wait until you have been
gluten free for one year before including oats in the diet.
* Note: Kellog's Rice Krispies (the gluten free version only)are made in a separate gluten free production facility. They also test each batch for gluten.
General Mill's Chex Cereals are made on dedicated lines.
You can also find bagels, donuts, and more delicious baked breakfast foods at Katz Gluten Free
Please note that any purchase made through a link may result in a
small commission that helps to support this site. Thank you.
If you are casein or lactose free, you will need a milk substitute. There are several options available. I use
Pacific brand unflavored rice milk in "cream of" soup recipes.
For milk alternatives you can use rice, almond or soy milk, or
you can try my own favorite, Dari-Free. It is made from
potato, and because it is a powder, is very versatile. You
can make it thicker for creamer (like I do for coffee) or
thinner for milk. I use it daily. It is gluten, casein,
soy, rice, and msg free. It contains as much calcium as
from Gluten Free Cereals to List of Gluten Free Foods, Shopping
Gluten Free Cereals to Gluten Free Diet Help Home Page